Jobless Claims Up More Than Expected, again.

Reuters

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits jumped 20,000 last week, the government said on Thursday in a report that continues to be somewhat elevated by hurricane-related claims.

First-time claims for state unemployment insurance aid rose to 350,000 in the week ended Oct. 23 from an upwardly revised 330,000 in the prior week, the Labor Department said.

The rise in claims was larger than Wall Street economists' expectations for a rise to 338,000 from the prior week's original measure of 329,000...



I'm about to quit my job, my dues are coming up, and since I haven't sold anything, I don't have any money to pay 'em...(sigh)

So, I've been looking at the jobs available in my area, and I'm boned...

Jobs with titles I don't even understand, that require four year degrees, that pay 7-9 dollars and hour... That's right, go to college for four years just to get a job that pays below poverty.

this country is so screwed.

No comments: